PLEASE READ: WE ARE NOT ABLE TO RESPOND TO GENERAL MESSAGES COMPLAINING ABOUT NATIONSTAR. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US UNLESS YOUR COMPLAINT IS ABOUT CALLS PLACED BY OCWEN TO A CELL PHONE THAT WAS NEVER PROVIDED TO NATIONSTAR. WE’D LIKE TO HELP WITH OTHER ISSUES, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, WE CANNOT. FOR THIS REASON, MESSAGES ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN SUSPECTED TCPA VIOLATIONS WILL NOT BE RETURNED. THANK YOU.
About Nationstar Mortgage
Nationstar Mortgage, LLC is a mortgage servicing company headquartered in Lewisville, TX. A “mortgage servicer” is a debt collector by another name. Nationstar recently acquired numerous Bank of America home loans. Bank of America N.A. transferred the servicing of thousands of loans to Nationstar Mortgage LLC effective January 31st, 2013.
Complaints about Nationstar Mortgage
590 Complaints at Consumeraffairs.com
- “After 3 months of phone calls to dispute a charge under “other” of $12, we were told we would be credited.”
90 Complaints at RipoffReport.com
5 Complaints at Complaints.com
25 Complaints at Complaintsboard.com
What We Are Investigating
We are investigating whether Nationstar Mortgage has unlawfully contacted non account holders on their cellular phones. Have you received phone calls from Nationstar Mortgage even though you have no business relationship with the company? Has Nationstar contacted and/or harassed relatives on their cell phones about your loan? We recently sued a different mortgage servicing company for allegedly contacting non account holders’ cell phones unlawfully. See The Green Tree Servicing TCPA Class Action Lawsuit.
Special Note About Loan Modification Complaints
We are not handling cases against loan servicers regarding HARP loan modifications. However, the law firm Edelson is investigating complaints about loan servicers and loan modifications. If your issues are about loan modification, you are welcome to contact this attorney:
The Nationstar Mortgage Modification Class Action
Burton v. Nationstar
The complaint ([PDF]) was brought on on behalf of a class of homeowners across the nation to challenge Nationstar Mortgage, LLC’s allegedly intentional and systematic failure to provide permanent loan modifications to borrowers who signed Permanent Modification Agreements (“PMAs”) under the Home Affordable Modification Program (“HAMP”).
- Nationstar Sued for Selling Loans Rather Than Servicing (bloomberg.com)
- Nationstar Mortgage pursues consumers after discharge (fairdebtcollectionpracticesorlando.com)
- Borrowers see glitches as big banks sell off mortgage rights (charlotteobserver.com)
- Nationstar Mortgage to Participate in the 2013 KBW Mortgage Finance Conference on June 4, 2013 (fool.com)
- Charting a new course: Nationstar acquires Greenlight Financial Services (mortgagenewsblog.wordpress.com)
- Foreclosure Fraud- The Servicers “Don’t Know” How To Report Foreclosure Losses… (mattweidnerlaw.com)
- Bank of America Dumps 2 Million Mortgages to NationStar (defendyourhomefightforeclosure.wordpress.com)
- New Bank of America whistle-blower emerges: More customer abuse secrets (salon.com)
- BofA Solves Liquidity Problem By Circumventing National Mortgage Settlement (mfi-miami.com)
- Nationstar-Serviced Mortgage Bonds to Realize Losses, Fitch Says – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)